Electronics and Communication Engineering is a 4-year degree programme, affiliated to the VTU was started in the year 2001. ECE is the utilization of science and math applied to practical problems in the field of communications. It includes designing, fabrication, testing, maintenance, supervision, and manufacturing of electronic equipments in entertainment, media, hospitals (Medical Electronics), computer control systems, broadcast, communication systems and in defence. It also engage in research, design, development and testing of electronic equipment used in various communication systems. The defined courses aim to prepare students to play a leading role in the continuing adventure of modern communication, research, designing, building and marketing the next generation of products.
To produce comprehensively trained, innovative, technically competent, creative and socially responsible engineers contributing to nation's imprint on the world stage.
M1. Establish a unique academic environment to enable the students to face the challenges of the electronics and communication engineering field.
M2.To impart quality education on par with industry requirements through state of art infrastructure, highly qualified and competent faculty.
M3. Build cutting edge technology hub adding to understudies making progress
M4. To collaborate association with government, industry, society, alumni to promote entrepreneurship
M5. Develop student centric methodology by creative teaching-learning environment
1. To have a strong foundation and ability to apply mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and modern tools to analyze, design and implement the solutions to problems in the electronics and communication engineering fields.
2. Excel in professional career and/or higher education and/ or entrepreneur by acquiring knowledge in area of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
3. Analyze real life problems, design appropriate system to provide solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable.
4. Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
1. Understand the basic principles of analog and digital circuits, and apply them in the field of VLSI technology and embedded systems.
2. Ability to design and implement approaches to the signal processing and communication systems challenges
Qualified & Dedicated Faculty
VTU Research centre [Ph.D.]
Association of Electronics & Communication Engg.(AECE)
Industrial Projects & internships
Vacational Training Courses