Ms Vandana Shankar
Area of Specialization:
Ms Latha Mohan Shetty
Diploma(Computer Applications),B.Com, MA(English)
Area of Specialization:
Physics department was established in the year 2001 as an integral part of all the engineering UG programmes offered at VCET. It offers courses in Engineering Physics to B.E. students. Faculty members include Ph.D.'s, NET/SLET qualified teachers and academicians of long standing.
The department is adequately equipped to carryout Physics curriculum of B.E. and many facilities to undertake research activities. Major facilities include high temperature inert atmosphere tubular furnace, muffle furnace, Electronic weighing balance (Ohaus), DC power supply and Digital multimeters (Agilent & Fluke). The R&D activities have gained momentum with funding from various agencies like VGST.
• To induce logical and scientific thinking among students.
• To orient the students towards basic laws of nature.
• To make the students aware applicability of physics.
• To make the students aware of bounds and bound aries of scientific knowledge.
About the Department:
Department of Chemistry has been teaching Engineering Chemistry for all the branches of Engineering at the first year level since 2001 to provide basic chemistry knowledge. The dept. has a good team of highly dedicated and competent faculty, one with post doctoral degree, the other, in the verge of completion of Ph.D and the remaining two are pursuing their Ph.D programme. The dept. has been training the students in theory and laboratory practices for a thorough understanding of the subject in order to produce engineering graduates with knowledge of finer aspects of chemistry to understand the latest technologies. The dept. has spacious and well equipped laboratory to train students to improve their practical skills.
• To train the students in theory and laboratory practices for a thorough understanding of the subject.
• To encourage the students to deepen their knowledge in basic science subjects so as to contribute to the field of technology
• To inculcate logical thinking among students
• To motivate students to study to gain knowledge
• To incorporate latest techniques & methods in academics to enhance the performances &results of students.
• To take up consultancy and testing.
Consultancy and Testing:
Students of Civil and Mechanical Engg of VCET and also from different high schools and P.U colleges in and around Puttur visit the Dept of Chemistry to utilize the laboratory facilities.
Department of Mathematics came into existence from the inception of the of the Institution in the year 2001. Department has experienced, qualified and enthusiastic faculty. Two faculty members are pursuing Ph.D and four are Master degree holders. Department has one Associate Professor, two Assistant Professors and 3 Lecturers. Department of Mathematics offers courses in Mathematics for all branches of Engineering up to 4th semester. Also department caters the needs of M.Tech programme by offering a course in Electronics & Communication branch.
The department has research publications/ presentations in reputed national/international conferences/journals.
The Vision of the Department is to impart quality education in Mathematics and develop mathematical and logical thinking ability thereby helping engineers to solve complex engineering problems.