1. Serene lush green campus spread over 48 acres.
2. Excellent Infrastructure and well equipped laboratories and workshops.
3. Internet browsing facility with 68 Mbps dedicated leased line for internet browsing.
4. Student counseling and guidance by experienced faculty.
5. Spacious lecture halls with modern teaching aids.
6. Conference hall with a seating capacity of 700.
7. Comprehensive library with about 22,000 books, major national and International journals, periodicals, CDs Multimedia Tools & E-Journals such as IEEE & ASME.
8. Ample space for indoor and outdoor games.
9. On Campus Hostel for boys and girls.
10. 250 KVA generator power backup.
11. Excellent residential facilities for staff members.
12. 24X7 security.
13. Encouragement to co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
14. Access to EDUSAT programme an initiative of ISRO and VTU on distance Education / E-learning through satellite.
15. Regular interaction of students with the corporate.
16. Wi-Fi Enabled Campus.
17. Academic performance of the students are periodically reported to their parents.
18. On Campus ATM (Bank) Facilities available.
19. Regular industry & institution interaction.
20. Training & Placement opportunity for all.
21. Awards for performing students.
22. College bus facilities provided to different places of DK from VCET Campus.
- Modern Infrastructure and State-of-the-art Laboratories
- Disciplined and Ragging free Study Environment
- Qualified Young and Dynamic Faculty
- Well stocked & stacked Library with a digital library section and a book bank facility High speed broadband connectivity with 16 MBPS speed.
- Separate TPHE (Training, Placement, Higher Education and Entrepreneurship) Cell
- VIKAS: A comprehensive English & aptitude training from Semester I by industry experts High Academic Performance and Placement Records Continued support for extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- VTU-Edusat & E-Vidya Programmes and Guest Lectures
- MoU with Infosys for campus Connect Programme
- MoU with EMC2 for Training on Storage Technologies
- MoU with iWave for product development & software applications
- UTLP lab in association with Wipro Technologies
- Fully wired Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Incubation Center plus innovation & consultancy cell
- Student representation in decision making bodies
- Separate hostels within the campus with vegetarian mess
- Campus housing a bank; ATM; Gymnasium; Health care & Co-operative society Group Insurance for every student (Health and Course Fee coverage)
- College bus facility from all adjoining areas.
The concept of creating a 'home away from home' underlines the care taken to make the students comfortable in the hostels. Newly built modern structure with spacious rooms caters to the residential needs of the boarders staying away from their homes. The primary purpose of the hostel is to provide an environment that is conducive for concentrated study and cultivate a life style of discipline and co-operation.
Round the clock hot water supply through solar heaters and uninterrupted lighting system are ensured. Indoor and outdoor games, TV, reading hall, mini library and a prayer hall are also provided. A hygienically maintained kitchen offering good quality vegetarian food and spacious dining halls ensure that the boarders are well nourished. All these residential facilities come to the students at a very economical rate, minimizing the financial burden on the parents.
Dedicated wardens and supervisory staff along with faculty members oversee the welfare of the students. Discipline is practised through well-maintained timings and study hours with strict vigilance exercised with regard to visitors. The hostel and the college premises are completely free from ragging.
Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the rooms and study hall. Locker facility is provided in the hostel lounge to keep mobile phones in safety. Hostellers are not permitted to use motor vehicles. On Sundays, inmates are allowed to watch a movie from 2.00 pm in the TV Hall. All inmates are expected to assemble in the prayer hall by 6.00 pm. The study hour is from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
The students who involve in conflicts, ragging, criminal activities, destruction of hostel property, defiance of the official staff, warden or kitchen staff, indulge in consumption of alcohol, drugs, smoking, chewing tobacco products, thefts and activities unbecoming of a student will be dismissed from the hostel and the college.
Contact Phone Nos.
Dr. Sreedhar Naik, Chief Warden : 09448726100
Engineering Boys Hostel : 08251 232184
Boys Hostel Old Block : 08251 230294
Engineering Girls Hostel : 08251 238294
Girls Hostel Old Block : 08251 231399
Hostel / VVSP Office : 08251 236599
A vast playground with 400m track for athletics is located adjacent to the college building. Further, Gymnasium and Health Care units are also available within the campus. Plans are underway for the construction of a Basketball Court and a Tennis Court.
The VCET Library is housed in a spacious new building Krishna Chetana(ground floor). The library with a floor area of 877 sq meters is segregated in to various sections like Lending, Reference, Digital library, Newspaper, Periodicals, Reading room etc.
VCET Library has the membership of VTU e-Consortium, DELNET, NDL.
|Book Bank Books||16357|
|SC/ST Social Welfare Book Bank books||1422|
|Back Volumes of Journals||540|
Easylib software is used for the library automation.All the books are bar coded and bar code system is used for the library transactions.
Book bank facility is offered to the students and will be issued with 6 text books under this facility for the duration of a semester and must be returned on the last examination day of that semester.
The library is practicing Open Access System. Users are free to choose any book.
Library will be kept open from 8.30 AM to 8.00 PM.