Mr Udaya Shankar P
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology
Nehru Nagar, Puttur (D.K.)-574203
|Educational Qualification||B.E., M.Tech,(Phd)|
|Area of Specialization||Production Engineering and Technology|
|Area of Interest||Fluid Mechanics, Turbomachines|
|Memberships||ISTE- Indian society for Technical Education|
"Fabricatin and Study of hybrid electric vehicle", VCET Journal of Science and Technology., May2015,ISBN :978-81-930416-1-1
|Achievements||Secured 3rd Rank in the MTech Exam from NIE Mysore under VTU in the year 2006.
Secured 76 percentile in CAT (Common Admission Test) in the year 2008.
Secured second place in Train the Trainers competition held in Infosys Bangalore in the year 2012.
A certified trainer of Quantitative Aptitude for CAT/ MAT students from TIME institute.
A certified trainer of 'Art of communication' in Campus connect, an Infosys Inititative.
Has trained more than 1000 students on ' How to face the Interview'.
Has worked as ISO Chief coordinator ( MR) for two years.
Successfully Completed 5 days of Mission 10x Program, an initiative of WIPRO to enhance the teaching learning methodology.
Has conducted yoga session in NMC Sullia on International Yoga Day, 2016 for around 300 students.
|Department Initiatives in last two years||1. SAE club in the Department.
2. Industry Interation Cell
3. Personality Development Lab
4. Mini project for 2nd and 3rd years
5. Mock Interview for final year students
6. Industry readiness Program
7. In house Hypermesh / CREO Training
8. Industry Projects
9. Internship Program for all Mechanical Students/ IMPTEX Visit
10. Teachers getting trained in reputed industries.
11. Viveka Sankalpa – an assosiation for character buiding.
12. FEA consultancy
13. PLC Lab
14. Strong Connections with CTES Bangalore ( Center for Technology and Engineering skills), PIA Bangalore (Peenya Industrial Assosiation), GK Robotics Pvt Ltd., Ceratherm International Pvt Ltd., HMT, SAE India Bangalore.
|Plans for the next Academic year||1. Inauguration of CTC- A clean technology club of international repute.
2. Technology Document for all final year projects.
3. Entrepreneurship Cell
4. Core Mechanical Placement Training for 5th , 6th, 7th and 8th semesters.
5. FDP on industry applications
6. 2 day faculty Visit to industries
7. Mentoring for Final year students
8. CNC Training center
9. Start ups using Hypermesh software
10.Setting up of a Basic Mechanical Engineering Understanding Lab