Dr. Shankargoud Nyamannavar
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology
Nehru Nagar, Puttur (D.K.)-574203
|Area of Specialization||Metallurgical Materials Engineering|
|Experience||Teaching: 8 Years|
|Research: 5 Years|
|Area of Interest||Interfacial Heat Transfer, Inverse Modelling, FEM, Material Development|
|Journals||1. S. Nyamannavar and K. N. Prabhu, Heat Flux Transients at the Solder/Substrate Interface in Dip Soldering, Transactions of Indian Institute Metals (Aug 2008), 61(4), 279-28.
2. S. Nyamannavar and K. N. Prabhu, Thermal Contact at Solder/Substrate Interfaces during Solidification, Materials Science and Technology (2009), 25(6), 707-710.
3. S. Nyamannavar, S. Hegde and K. N. Prabhu, Estimation of heat flux transients at metal-mold interface during solidification, Indian Foundry Journal (2009), 55(2), 37-42.
4. S. Nyamannavara and K. N. Prabhub Experimental Models for Assessment of Interfacial Heat Transfer in Dip Soldering, Advanced Materials Research (2010), 83-86, 1228-1235.
|Workshops and Conferences Attended||Workshops Attended:
1. “Micro-Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMSWS-05)”, NITK- Surathkal, 1-2 August 2005.
2. “Science and Engineering of Aluminium casting practice”, NITK- Surathkal, 22-24 September 2006.
3. “Electron Microscopy”, NITK- Surathkal, 8-10 March, 2008.
4. “Quenching and Distortion control”, NITK- Surathkal, 28-30 September 2008.
5. “Computational Materials Science” Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 6-8 March 2009
“Computational Thermal and Fluid Sciences & its Engineering Applications” IT-BHU, Varanasi 25-30 May 20
1. S. Nyamannavar, M. Ravi and K. N. Prabhu “Microstructure Evolution in Isothermally held Semi-Solid Al-7Si-0.3Mg alloy” NMD-ATM 2004, Indian Institute of Metals, Trvandrum, India, 17-19 Nov, 2004 pp.191-192.
2. S. Nyamannavar, B. Udapudi and K. N. Prabhu “Indentation Creep Studies on Pb-free Sn-9Zn Solder alloy” NMD-ATM 2005, Indian Institute of Metals, Chennai, India, 14-16 Nov, 2005 Pp. 282
3. S. Nyamannavar, M. Ravi and K. N. Prabhu “Effect of Cooling Rate During Cooling From Semi Solid State on the Microstructure of Sr Modified Al-7Si-0.3Mg Alloy Containing 1%Fe Impurity”, ICAMMP-2006, IIT-Khargpur, India, 3-5 February 2006, pp.777-783.
4. S. Nyamannavar, M. Ravi and K. N. Prabhu “Microstructure Evolution in Al-7Ai-0.3Mg alloy during Partial Melting and Solidification from Melt: A Comparison” 67th World Foundry Congress, Harrogate, United Kingdom 4-8 June, 2006.
5. S. Nyamannavar, M. Ravi and K. N. Prabhu, Constitutional Undercooling And Growth of Globuletic Particle, Proceedings of 68th world foundry congress 7 to 11th Feb, 2007 Chennai Pp. 559-562.
6. S. Nyamannavar and K. N. Prabhu, Solidification and Heat Flux Transients in Dip Soldering Process, Proc. Advanced Materials and Processing Technology (AMPT-2008). Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 2-5, November 2008.