Dr Manujesh B J
Professor & Head
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology
Nehru Nagar, Puttur (D.K.)-574203
Tel: 08251-235955, 9008300210
|Educational Qualification||DME.,B.E., M.Tech., Ph.D, MISTE|
|Area of Specialization||• Advanced Materials,
• Materials Design
• Mechanics of Materials, Degradation Studies
• New Product Development.
• Product Design & Manufacturing.
• Engineering Design,
• Engineering Technology
|Experience||Teaching: 13 Years|
|Industry: 4 Years|
|Research: 6 Years|
|Area of Interest||Mechanics of Materials
Mechatronics & Microprocessor
Measurements & Metrology
Elements of Mechanical Engineering
Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
|Memberships||Life Member Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE)|
|Publications||International Journal: 19
National Journal: 5
International Conference: 19
National Conference: 5
|Title of the Paper||
1. Paper entitled “Study on Transverse Shear Strength of Glass Fibre/Polymer Mesh Laminated Epoxy Hybrid Composites” authored by Manujesh B J, Sijo John, Sreeraj C A, Sumesh James, Navya H T is under review by Iranian Journal of Materials Science Engineering and News Latter.
2. Paper entitled “Mechanical Behavior of Glass/Polyester sheet Laminated Epoxy Hybrid Composites” authored by Manujesh B J, Anees Ahamamed, Hamid Hibathulla M.P, Kiran Kishore C.V, Melvin K Thomas is under review by Journal of Materials Science and Engineering.
3. Flexural Characterization of Foam Cored E-Glass Reinforced Smart Materials Using Artificial Neural Network, Manujesh B J, Prajna M R, Sham Aan M P, Majida C V, is accepted and is under printing in Materials Today Proceedings, by Elsevier Publications.
4. Effect of Heat Treatment on the Hardness and Toughness of Al6061, Al6082 And Al7075; Manujesh B J, Umashankar KS, Prashanth K, N Jayashanakar, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology 1 (1), 78-83.
5. Effect Analysis of Orientation Angle on the Shear Properties and Natural Frequencies of Glass Epoxy Laminates; Manujesh B J, Umashankar KS, Sadananda M R, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology 1 (1), 54-59.
6. Synthesis and Characterization of Alumina Filler Reinforced Polyurethane Foams For Light Weight Applications; K J Jathin, D M Chinthankumar, B J Manujesh, K S Umashankar, M R Prajna, American Journal of Materials Science 6 (4), 67-71.
7. Synthesis and Experimental Investigation of Density on the Structural Properties of Rigid Polyurethane Foams; D M Chinthankumar, K J Jathin, B J Manujesh, K S Umashankar, M R Prajna, American Journal of Materials Science 6 (4A), 77-81.
8. Behavior of Sandwich Composites under Edgewise & Flatwise Compression; Effect of Variation of Fibre Architecture and Core Density; Antony P J Manujesh B.J, R .Vijayalakshmi Rao, Prajna M.R, Jnanesh N A, Journal of Material & Metallurgical Engineering 5 (1).
9. Moisture absorption and mechanical degradation studies of polyurethane foam cored E-glass-reinforced vinyl-ester sandwich composites; B J Manujesh, R Vijalakshmi Rao, M PSham Aan, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites 33 (5), 479-492.
10. Bioinventory and documentation of traditional ecological knowledge of wild edible fruits of Kodagu-Western Ghats, India; NC Karun, P Vaast, CG Kushalappa, B J Manujesh, Journal of forestry research 25 (3), 717-721.
11. Flexural Characterization of Sandwich Composites; Effect of varying PU Foam Density and E-Glass Fabric on Flexural Strength; Prajna M R, Manujesh B J, R Vijayalakshmi Rao, Journal of Polymer & Composites 2 (2).
12. Design & Fabrication of Hybrid Composite Springs; Vinay K M, Manujesh B.J; International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Technology 5 (9), 133-140
13. Fatigue Behavior and Failure Mechanism of PU Foam Core E-glass Reinforced Vinylester Sandwich Composites; R Vijayalakshmi Rao, Manujesh B J, International Journal of Materials Engineering 2013, 3(4): p-66-81. 3 (4).
14. Accelerated testing for long term durability of PU Foam Cored E-Glass reinforced vinyl ester sandwich composites; Manujesh B J, R Vijayalakshmi Rao, M P Sham Aan, Elixir International 64 (11), 19258-19267.
15. Testing of Rigid Polyurethane Foam Reinforced Natural Fibers Properties and Possibility of using this Materials In Automotive Industry; Manujesh B J, Z Jamrichová, M Hejduková, University Review, University of Alexander Dubcek in Trencin 7 (3), 32-37.
16. Burning Behavior of Polyurethane Foam Cored/E-Glass Reinforced/Vinylester Sandwich Composites: Effect of Core Density And Fibre Architecture; Manujesh B J, R Vijayalakshmi Rao, European Journal of Applied Engineering and Scientific Research 2 (1), 1-8.
17. Drillability Studies of E-Glass: Polyurethane Foam: Vinyl Ester Sandwich Composites; R Vijayalakshmi Rao, BJ Manujesh, K S Umashankar, MP Sham Aan, Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals 65 (1), 71-75.
18. The Design, Characterization and Application of Nano Science in the field of Metallurgy; S R Harisha, K S Umashankar, B J Manujesh, D Rame Gowda Gowda, NAME-2012.
19. Behavior of sandwich composites under flexural and fatigue loading: effect of variation of core density; R Vijayalakshmi Rao, B J Manujesh, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 3 (10).
20. Environmental Pollution by Advanced Materials – A Review; Manujesh B J, Recent Trends in Alternate Sources of Energy and Pollution Control (RASE-2011).
21. Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Hybrid Sandwich Composites for Structural Applications; Vijayalakshmi Rao, B J Manujesh, K S Umashankar, SR Harisha, MP Sham Aan.
22. Survey and Energy-use pattern of Conventional and Non conventional Energies for Domestic Applications and Suggestions on Improvements towards Sustainability; S R Harisha, K S Umashankar, B J Manujesh, D Rame Gowda Gowda, AME-2012.
|RESEARCH WORK (Ph.D) GUIDANCE||
|Master’s Thesis Supervised||1. Mr. Prashanth K (2016) - Study & Evaluation of Mechanical and Tribological Behavior of Al6061, Al6082 & Al7075 with Varying Heat Treatment Modes.
2. Mr.Sadananda M (2016) - Experimental & Numerical Study on the Characterization of Uni-directional Glass Fibre Reinforced Epoxy Composites; Effect of Ply Orientation on the Mechanical Properties.
3. Mr. Jathin K (2016) - Synthesis and Characterization of Alumina Filler Reinforced Polyurethane Foam Cores.
4. Mr. Chinthan Kumar D M (2016) - Synthesis & Experimental Investigation of Rigid Polyurethane Foam: Effect of Foam Density on the Mechanical Characterization.
5. Arjun P (2015) - Mechanical Degradation of Composite Materials; Effect of Changing Working Ambiance.
6. Rahul A (2015) - Tribological and Dynamic Characterization of Pultruded Composites: Effect of Changing Cross Section
7. Vinay K M (2014) - Design-Fabrication and Fatigue Characterization of Hybrid Composite Leaf Spring.
8. Mr. Chethan A (2014) - Machinability Studies on E-Glass Fibre Reinforced Epoxy Composites: Effect of Tool Wear & Drill Quality.
9. Lokesh L (2014) - Mechanical Characterization & Study of Wear Behavior on E-Glass/Epoxy Composites.
10. Kishan G S (2013) - Comparative characterization and Analysis of E-Glass & Natural Fibre Composites under Drop Loading.
11. Naveen Krishna (2012) - Mechanical Characterization of Unidirectional Glass Fibre –Alumina filler Reinforced Epoxy Composites.
12. Mr. Tejesh C K (2012) - Study on Wear properties of Bakelite Filler Reinforced Polymer Composites.
13. Bhanu Prakash Desai (2011) - Study the effect of Compaction Load on Damping in Powder Metallurgy Specimens.
|Workshops Conducted||1. One Day workshop on “Additive manufacturing & Rapid Prototyping”: A hands on training for Additive Manufacturing using 3D printing Technology, at VCET, Puttur, 2016.
2. One Day workshop on “Rapid Prototyping”: A hands on training for Additive Manufacturing using 3D printing Technology, at BIT- Mangalore-2016.
3. One Day workshop on “Additive manufacturing & their Uses” A hands on training for Additive Manufacturing using 3D printing Technology, at KVG Polytechnic- 2015.
4. One Day workshop on Additive manufacturing & its Applications: A hands on training for Additive Manufacturing using 3D printing Technology, at KVG College of Engineering, Sullia, 2015.
5. One Day workshop on “Personality Development”, a hands on training for KVG ITI Students for their career building at KVG-ITI during March 2015.
6. One Day workshop on “Safety & Maintenance at Working”, hands on training for students of Fitter Trade, at KVG ITI, Sullia, 2014.
7. Career guidance and Motivational talk on “Career Choicer after PUC?” Delivered to PUC students of Aranthodu, 2014.
8. Career guidance and Motivational talk on “What Next after PUC?” Delivered to PUC students of Sharada Pre University College, Sullia. 2014.
9. Career guidance and Motivational talk on “Engineering Jobs” Delivered to Diploma students of KVG Polytechnic, Sullia. 2013.
|Technical Talks Delivered||1. A Technical Talk delivered in The Department Association Forum on the Title “FUTURISTIC MATERIALS” on18-03-2016 at SDMIT, Ujire.
2. A technical talk delivered in the Association Function over the Title “Design for Lightweight Materials” in MESA Technical Session at VVCE, Mysore on October 23rd 2015.
3. A technical talk delivered in the Department Association Forum on the Title “Need for Lightweight Structural Materials” on18-03-2015 at Alva’s Institute of Technology Moodbidre.
4. A technical talk delivered in the Association Forum on the Title “Materials Performance Enhancement through Weight Curbing” in MEA Technical Session at KVG College of Engineering on 16 April 2014.
|Faculty Development Programs Attended||1. Attended 5 Days Faculty Development Program on “Design and Characterization of Castings” Techniques in Engineering, Held at Malnad College of Engineering (MCE), Hassan from 1st to 5th March 2017.
2. Attended 3 Days Faculty Development Program on “Applications of Statistical and Neural Network Techniques in Engineering”, Held at Shri Madhwa Vadiraja Institute of Technology and Management, Bantakal, from 6th to 8th June 2016.
3. Attended 3 Days Faculty Development Program on “Synthesis and Applications Nano Technology”, Held at NAMIT Nitte from 23th to 25th June 2015.
4. Attended 5 days faculty training program on “Composites & their Applications” Organized by KVG College of Engineering in Association with VTU Belgaum, from 8th Feb to 12th Feb, 2013.
5. Attended 5 Days Faculty Development Program on “Material Characterization Techniques”, Held at NITK Surathkal, from 8th to 12th January 2012.
6. Attended 5 Days Faculty Development Program on “Material Characterization through Novel Methods”, Held at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-M) Madras, from 21st to 25th January 2011.
7. Attended 5 Days MHRD/AICTE Sponsored Short Term Training Program (STTP) on “Advances in Design, manufacturing and Analysis of Composites & Smart Materials” Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, national Institute of Technology (NITK) Surathkal from 12th to 16th July 2010.
8. Attended 5 days faculty training program on “Machine Dynamics & Instrumentation” jointly Organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering-KVG College of Engineering and funded by VGST, from 7th March to 11th, 2009.
9. Undergone 5 days ISTE-Short term Training program on “Advanced Composite Materials & their Applications” between 26th to 30th March 2007 at Acharya Institute of Technology, Soldevanahalli,Bangalore.
10. Undergone Ten (10) Days Faculty Development Program on “CAD/CAM/CAE Training Program” conducted by Design Tech, Pune and Organized by VTU-UGS PLM Centre for Excellence, VTU Belgaum from 21st to 39th May 2005.
11. Undergone Five (5) Days Faculty Development Program on “CAD/CAM/CAE Training” Program conducted by M/s UGS, Bangalore and Organized by VTU in Belgaum from 7th to 11th March 2005.