About MBA Program
MBA PROGRAM @ VCET is a constituent academic unit of Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology (VCET) was established in the year 2007. VCET is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Government of Karnataka.
“To excel as the most preferred Business School of Reputation creating competent, professional and socially responsible leaders.”
1.Provide quality Management education that creates highly productive professionals who are ethical, entrepreneurial, and prepared to succeed in the economy.
2.Facilitate faculties to develop competencies to flourish as effective teachers.
3.Develop a state of art infrastructure which will help students to achieve academic excellence and adaptation to new technologies.
4.Build a meaningful partnership with the industry, academia, government and society to fulfil the collective needs of various stakeholders.
5.Create learning environment with ample opportunities for implementation of the novel ideas.
6.Set new benchmarks in governance with the involvement of all relevant stake holders.
1. To provide students with practical approach to business management education.
2. To make the students possess knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to adapt to a continuously changing business environment.
3. To prepare the students to excel in the programme and to succeed in industry/management profession through rigorous education.
4. To provide educational foundation that prepares them for excellence, leadership roles along diverse career paths with a stress on professional ethics and thorough professionalism needed for successful career.
5. To drive students with academic interest to pursue advanced studies and engage in research leading to a scenario of lifelong learning.
6. To prepare students for self-employment and empowering them to start their own businesses ventures or demonstrate their entrepreneurial capabilities for their employer organization.
Apply Domain knowledge to design management model which will fit into dynamic corporate setting with due respect to stakeholders interest.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
Apply leadership and teamwork skills for managing change.
Recognize the ethical, economic, environmental and legal implication of business in competitive environment.
Apply entrepreneurship skills that encourage students to take up socially relevant Start Ups through calculated risk.
Demonstrate critical Skills, Knowledge and Attitude on the basis of continuous learning in managing functional areas of business
Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology (VCET), Puttur, one of the reputed engineering colleges in the coastal region of Karnataka, was established in the year 2001 by Vivekananda Vidyavardhaka Sangha Puttur (R) with the vision of providing quality technical education to the rural parts of coastal Karnataka. Today the Institute has been identified as a centre for excellence in imparting engineering education to aspiring students from all over the country and is bringing out best academic performance from the students.
The institute is spread over 25 acres of land and is located by the side of Mangaluru – Madikeri state highway (48 km from Mangalore and 13 km from Uppinangady on Mangaluru-Bengaluru National Highway). The surrounding lush green scenic beauty and disciplined study environment have made the campus an ideal place for academic pursuits.
• Human Resource
(Dual specialization offered)
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO THE MBA PROGRAM
Admission is open, to the Master of Business Administration Program, to the candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration recognized by the VTU as equivalent thereto.
The candidates shall have passed the prescribed qualifying examination with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the year of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and any other groups classifieds by the Government of Karnataka for such purpose from time to time the aggregate percentage of the marks in the qualifying examinations shall be not less than 50%
Students should qualify in any of the following entrance tests to secure a seat under Government or Management Quota.
1) PGCET: Postgraduate Common Entrance Test conducted by consortium set up by the Karnataka State Government.
2) KMAT: Karnataka Management Admission Test conducted Karnataka Private Post Graduate College Association (KPPGCA).
3) CMAT : Common Management Admission Test conducted by All India Council for Technical education(AICTE).
• Lush green campus spread across 25 acres
• Bank & ATM
• Hostels within the campus with hygienic food
• Sports ground
• Clean water facility with aqua filter in whole campus
• Stationary and Xerox center
• Good Parking facility