Dr. Sandeep j Nayak
Professor & Head
Department of Civil Engineering
Vivekananda College of Engineering & Technology
Nehru Nagar, Puttur (D.K.)-574203
|Educational Qualification||B.E., M.Tech, PhD|
|Area of Specialization||Water Resources|
|Experience||Teaching: 29 Years|
|Research: 13 Years|
|Area of Interest||Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering, Ground Water Engineering.|
|Memberships||FIE, ISTE & ISH|
1. Ecology and Environmental Pollution Control- in the Second National Seminar on ATPC held at B.V.B College of Engineering Hubli, 23rd and 24th February 1995.
2. Uniformity and Wetting Pattern studies of Trickle Irrigation on plantation crops at National Conference on Signals, Data and Systems (SDS-95) held at Anjuman Engineering College Bhatkal, 28th - 30th November 1995.
3. Skewness for plantation Crops at National Conference on Hydrology and Water Resources, JNTU, Hyderabad, 24th - 25th may 1996.
4. Comparative studies of trickle and Sprinkler Irrigation on plantation crops at National Conference on New Paradigms in civil engineering practices, Anjuman Engineering College, Bhatkal, 1st and 2nd December, 1996.
5. Beach processing during the non monsoon season in the vicinity of Bhatkal area at National Conference on New Paradigms in civil engineering practices, Anjuman Engineering College, Bhatkal, 1st and 2nd December, 1996.
6. Sprinkler Uniformity measures and Skewness in Indian Journal of River Valley and Power Development, May-June 1996.
7. Private Sector Participation in Technical Education and Implications at 25th Indian Society for Technical Education convention at VRCE, Nagpur.
8. Crop-Water -Assessment for arecanut, All India Seminar on Modern Irrigation Techniques, The Institution of Engineers, Bangalore, 26th and 27th June 1996.
9. Environmental Pollution and Management, National Seminar on Environmental Pollution held at S.D.M Engineering College, Dharwad, 12-13, December 1996.
10. Environmental Legislation-Laws and Drawbacks, National workshop on EPC-97, KLE College of Engineering, Belgaum, 12-13 April 1997.
11. Technical education- engineering Teacher's Role, National Seminar an Alarming failure rates in Technical institutions, Causes and Remedial measures, 26th and 27th November 1997.
12. Low cost Construction Techniques at National Workshop on cost effective building technology, at Karnataka Regional engineering College, Surathkal, 13-14th February 1998.
13. Uniformity Measures and Skewness for Plantation Crops at ISTE chapter technical meet held during platinum Jubilee celebrations of aHm, Bhatkal, 4-7th February 2001.
14. Status of Irrigated agriculture and Groundwater Potential, National seminar on Groundwater Management and Rural development held at anjuman engineering college Bhatkal, 9th and 10th October 2002.
15. Impact of Salinity in Coastal Karnataka Wetlands at National Conference on Environmental Pollution, control and Repercussions at University BDT college of Engineering, Davangere, 4th-5th October 2004.
16. Vulnerability of coastal wetlands to salinity, National workshop on Water, Re-Use, Recycling for sustainability, Anjuman Engineering College Bhatkal, 4th December 2004,53-58.
17. National Conference on Hydraulics and water Resources, Hydro-2005,8-9 December 2005, SIT-Tumkur, 187-195.
18. Infiltration studies in and around Bhatkal Region- National Conference on advances in Civil Engineering, Anjuman Engineering College Bhatkal, 9th and 10th March 2008, 104-107.
19. Characterization of small scale groundwater Irrigation Schemes in Humid coastal Region in India, Journal of Tropical Agriculture,2009,47(1-2),37-42.
20. Climate analysis for Regional Irrigation planning, Journal of Indian Society for Hydraulics, Vol 16, No 1, March 2010, 57-68.
21. ISTE 39th National Convention and National Conference on managing Technical education for leveraging innovation and entrepreneurship, December 18-20,2009, NITK, Surathkal.
22. Retention of Motivated faculty in Technical Institutions-40th ISTE National Convention, December 2-4, 2010, MEPCO SCHLENIC Engineering College, Sivkasi.
23. Infiltration studies in coastal Bhatkal Region for Hydrological Computations using Infiltrometers, National Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering and Management, Alva's Institute of Engineering and Technology, Moodbidri, 22nd and 23rd March 2013.
24. Quantity Assurance in Engineering Education for Sustainability- Need of the Hour? 45th ISTE National Conference and International Conference on Challenges Opportunities in Technical Education in the Era of Sustainable Development, held on 9-11th January 2016, at CET, Amaravathi.